Musing Mondays (8/3)

This week's Musing Monday is a Library Habits meme:

1) If you don't frequent your local library, why not?
I love my local library.

2) If you do visit the library, how often do you go?
I go at least once every two weeks, if not once every week. It just depends on how fast I'm going through my books.

3) Do you have a favorite section that you always head to first, or do you just randomly peruse the shelves?
I usually check out the new books first to see if there's anything interesting. Otherwise, I go to the fiction section.

4) How many books are you allowed to check out at one time? Do you take advantage of this?
It's my understanding that adult library cards can check out up to fifty items at a time. I've never taken advantage of this, yet anyways.

5) How long are you allowed to have the books checked out?
Two weeks

6) How many times are you allowed to renew your check-outs, if at all?
As long as the book or movie isn't reserved for someone else and isn't an interlibrary loan, you can renew them twice. You can't renew interlibrary loan books at all.

7) What do you love best about your particular library?
I love that they'll pull books for you if you request them online. It saves so much time. Plus I don't have to juggle a baby and all the books I check out for her while trying to search for books for me.

8) What is one thing you wish your library did differently?
I really wish they opened at 8 A.M. during the week. It would be really nice to go to the library before work so I don't have to battle the traffic in the afternoons.

9) Do you request your books via an online catalogue, or through the librarian at your branch?
As long as you aren't requesting an interlibrary loan book, you can do it either way. The only way to request interlibrary loan books is through the people who work the information desk.

10) Have you ever chosen a book on impulse (from the online catalogue OR the shelves) and had it turn out to be totally amazing? If so, what book was it, and why did you love it?
I do it all the time. The last one was Feeling for Bones by Bethany Pierce. I can't really put my finger on exactly why I loved it other than it was very well written and it just really drew me in.

3 comments:

  1. Wooow fifty books that is insane!!!

    8am opening time would be a dream, could pop in grab a book and then head to work with something for your lunch break ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great if libraries had better hours! I am a big fan of libraries. Here's a link to my answers.

    ReplyDelete