My 101 Goals in 1001 Days List

Organization/Home (20)
1.Clean out and organize my clothes (closet and dresser).
2.Clean out office closet.
3.Clean and organize entertainment center in living room.
4.Clean and organize my bed side table and the top of my dresser.
5.Find and implement better storage system for dirty laundry.
6.Organize top and bottom of bathroom cabinet. Get rid of everything we don't need. Figure out best way to store items stored there.
7.Clean out and organize baby's room (closet, dresser, little cabinet thing).
8.Clean out and organize the dishes.
9.Put together a binder to hold all recipes.
10.Organize my desk. (7/23/09)
11.Create a morning routine.
12.Create an evening routine.
13.Create a weekly schedule for household tasks.
14.Finish re-doing the kitchen. Get everything put back where it belongs.
15. Schedule a garage sale to get rid of all unwanted items. Donate items that do not sell.
16.Create a home management notebook.
17.Create a menu plan a la SimpleMom.
18. Figure out the most practical way for the bedroom to be arranged. Arrange it like this.
19. Get the master bathroom usable!
20. Create a “launch pad” area so leaving the house is easier in the mornings.

Finances/Career (4)
1.Start saving at least $15 each month and put this money into the savings account.
2.Get bills paid off to the point that I can be a SAHM.
3.Find a better and more fulfilling alternative to my afternoon job.
4.Decide what I really want to do career-wise. Figure out what I need to do to achieve this goal: education, training, etc.

Education/Reading (17)
1.Decide whether I really want to go back to school. Figure out how I will pay for it, what I will study, and when I'll go back.
2.Read the entire Bible.
3.Read all the books I own that I've never read before.
4.Join or start a book club.
5.Join and complete at least 8 reading challenges:
a. the Everything Austen reading challenge
b.101 books in 1001 days
6.Read 12 books I wouldn't normally read (i.e. science fiction, romance, etc.).
7.Read at least 15 nonfiction books.
8.Read at least 5 books that my husband would say “benefit me.”
9.Complete The Artist's Way.
10.Complete The Purpose Driven Life.
11.Complete Comfortable in Your Own Skin.
12.Join Goodreads to keep up with books read and books to be read. (7/23/09)
13.Read Scribbit's ebook Blogging in Pink: A Woman's Guide.
14.Take at least three continuing education courses of some kind (can be MIT OpenCourse, etc.).
15.Listen to one audiobook a month.
16.Participate in the library's adult summer reading program at least once.
17.Attend at least two library programs.

Creativity (8)
1.Participate in NaNoWriMo at least once.
2.Complete a photography project like 365 days.
3.Complete a creative writing prompt at least twice a month.
4.Complete at least 4 projects based on something I've bookmarked on Craftster and actually post them on Craftster.
5.Participate in at least 2 Craftster challenges and actually post my entries.
6.Hand-make most of the Christmas presents we give for Christmas 2009, 2010, & 2011.
7. Get and keep baby's scrapbook up-to-date.
8. Make a vision board for goals.

Personal (12)
1.Find 101 quotes that inspire me.
2.Write a list of 101 things that make me happy.
3.Make a list of 50 things I like about myself
4.Make a list of things I dislike about myself and change them. If they are unchangeable, then get over it!
5.Get my bellybutton pierced again.
6.Write down all my regrets and burn them.
7.Make my own happiness project.
8.Write my own personal mission statement.
9.Grow my hair out until it is long enough to be donated to Locks of Love.
10.Schedule a few hours a week or a day a month for “me” time.
11.Buy makeup that actually looks decent on me and start wearing it on a regular basis. (Aug '09 Parents mag had list of 4 or so products)
12. Stop complaining!

Health/Fitness/Food (4)
1.Take a multi-vitamin daily.
2.Drink at least one glass of milk a day.
3.Drink at least one glass of water a day.
4.Exercise at least twice a week.

Family (3)
1.Eat at least two meals a week at the table with no radio, television, magazines, etc.
2.Have a family photo taken at least once.
3.Plan a family night at least twice a month.

Computer/Internet (12)
1.Once a month, go through my documents. Make sure they are organized. Get rid of things I don't need.
2.Learn more about Twitter. If interesting, join. (7/23/09)
3.Research external hard drives and large USB drives. Figure out the best option and start saving up for one.
4.Participate in NaBloPoMo 3 times.
a.2009
b.2010
c.2011
5.Regularly comment on the blogs I read.
6.Read and comment on at least five 101 in 1001 blogs.
7.Update family blog at least once a month.
8.Update Picasa gallery at least once a month.
9. Start database or spreadsheet for family addresses/phone numbers and keep it updated.
10. Delete my Facebook account.
11.Complete 31 days to build a better blog.
12. Figure out feeder readers and use one to keep up with the blogs I read.

Miscellaneous (5)
1.Finish writing all thank you notes and mail or hand-deliver them. (7/20/09)
2.Renew or return all library books by their due dates.
3.Figure out all the features on my new cell phone.
4.Research daycares in our area.
5. Come up with the rest of my goals by January 1, 2010.

Goals to be determined: 16

Start date: 19 July 2009
End date: 15 April 2012

Completed tasks are in bold with a completion date.
In progress tasks are italicized.

For more information on the 101 goals in 1001 days project, check out Day Zero.

1 comment:

  1. Great List!
    Good luck

    You should join us at www.worldswapping.com
    It's a new worldwide cultural item exchange network.

    It would be great to add to a 101 list

    ReplyDelete