In the Works: 101 Goals in 1001 Days

I'm still reading Jane Austen's Emma.. I was hoping I'd be able to finish the book a little faster, but that's not happening. I can't really point my finger at any one reason. It's taken me a little longer to get used to the language of the book than it usually does. It's been over a year since I've read a British lit book. So, in light of this, I've decided to skip Teaser Tuesdays and instead embark on a discussion yet another project of sorts.


About a week ago (give or take a few days), I posted about doing a 101 books in 1001 days reading challenge. I talked about my previous failed attempt at doing the 101 goals in 1001 days project and how successfully completing this reading challenge might inspire me to actually finish the goals project. Well, after mulling the matter over, I've decided to go ahead and do the 101 goals in 1001 days project with a few guidelines for myself. I will only add a goal to my list if it actually accomplishes something that benefits me in some positive way (i.e., getting my house organized, helping me make connections with others, educating me in some way, etc.). I will not allow this to become a burden like I did the last time. I expected too much of myself by coming up with tons of goals that had to happen on a weekly basis. I want this to be a positive, enlightening experience.


I'm not quite ready to begin the challenge. I originally planned to start on July 12, but talked myself out of doing it at all because of a lot of hesitation on my part. I'd already come up with a list of close to 80 goals, but looked over them and decided they weren't all up to par. So, I'm overhauling these goals and will start next Sunday, July 19, with whatever goals I have up to that point. I'm not going to stress myself out by trying to come up with the full 101 like I did last time.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, don't stress about it. do what you can. it does take awhile to read through an austen book. can't skim through it otherwise you miss the subtleties. emma is one that i haven't yet read. look forward to the review.

    ReplyDelete