I'm joining the Everything Austen Challenge

In my search for a book club, I came across a blog that led me to another blog that led me to Stephanie's Written Word and the Everything Austen Challenge. Back when I was still contemplating graduate school, my minor concentration was going to be British literature. (My main concentration was going to be technical writing, and still will be, because I plan on going back to school.)

Anyway, I have to pick six Jane Austen-themed things (reading her books, watching movies based on her books, reading books related to her or her books) and do them between July 1, 2009, and January 1, 2010. It's taken me a few days to figure out what I'm going to do (I started writing this post on June 27th if that tells you anything), but I finally decided.

What I'm going to do:
1. Read Mansfield Park and watch the film version.
2. Read Emma and watch the film version. (completed July 2009)
3. Read Northanger Abbey and watch the film version.
4. Read Persuasion and watch the film version.
5. Read The Jane Austen Book Club and watch the film version.
6. Either read Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict AND Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict OR read Bridget Jones's Diary and watch the film version.

This is what I plan on doing at this point. I may add things or change some things depending on how fast I'm getting things done. Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Number 6 is a tough choice. I've read all those books and seen BJD and enjoyed them all! Thanks so much for joining my challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. Thank you for hosting the challenge!

    ReplyDelete