101 books in 1001 days

I've heard of the whole 101 in 1001thing. I tried it and, failing miserably, gave up on it less than a month in. I was trying to be too ambitious with my goals and, to be completely honest, at least half of my goals were crap. You know, things that were on the list just to fill slots on the list. Well, now I've found a better way to complete the 101 in 1001things: read 101 books in 1001 days. Great idea, huh? (I found it at The Twiga Blog.) I'm not expecting this to be too difficult. I love to read and I'm sure I've managed to read a similar number of books within a similar time frame without even noticing. Who knows, if I can finish this maybe it will inspire me to actually complete the regular 101 in 1001.

So, to reiterate, between today (July 5, 2009) and April 1, 2012, I will read 101 books. My list is going to be made up of books I've ever never read or the ones I had to read for my college English courses that I would like to read at a more leisurely pace so I can try to understand them a bit more (Faulkner's A Fable, for instance). Oh, yeah, I can't forget all the used books I've bought with ever intention of reading that have been sitting unread ever since I brought them home.

Books read:

  1. Emma, Jane Austen (July '09)
  2. Twilight, Stephenie Meyer (July '09)
  3. Through Thick and Thin, Alison Pace (July '09)
  4. Wife in the Fast Lane, Karen Quinn (July '09)
  5. The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins
  6. My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult


No comments:

Post a Comment