Teaser Tuesday (8/4)

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

“'I shall not pay them any such compliment, I assure you. I have no notion of treating men with such respect. That is the way to spoil them.'”
- Northanger Abbey, Jane Austen (pg. 27)

4 comments:

  1. Mine isn't that interesting as I am currently reading a book for work but here goes nothing:

    "Boeing held itself to aircraft design safety standards that far exceeded its competitors' not because the market demanded it, but because Boeing's ideology demanded it. 3M rejected the conventional business wisdom that a small growing company should concentrate on one line of business; a focus strategy simply didn't fit with the type of innovative company 3Mers wanted to build"
    -Built to Last, James C. Collins and Jerry I. Porras

    ReplyDelete
  2. Northanger Abbey is on my tbr list for this year - it looks really good! I've got a couple of good teasers this week. Here's a link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's probably one of the best lines in that book. Great choice (and teaser!).

    Check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute teaser--classic Austen banter for sure! Although I must admit, Northanger Abbey is not my favorite of her books. It does edge out Mansfield Park by a hair though. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete